While a couple of my favorite modules have been serious stories, I feel I am much better at setting up comedic modules. Since I’ll be running the DRAMATIC ROLEPLAYING TOURNAMENT at RetCon, I’ll be reprising not only GLITCH, but a module I call SUPERNATURAL COUPLES’ THERAPY.
SUPERNATURAL COUPLES THERAPY (SNCT for short) is sort-of my knee-jerk reaction to things like TWILIGHT* and TRUE BLOOD*. I like my supernatural creatures to be dark, threatening, and–most importantly–they’d better not sparkle.
I thought it might be hilarious to parody these Supernatural Love Stories with the other side of love: Couples’ Therapy.
As for the couples, with a full cast (of thirteen characters) I have:
- Dr. Quinn, the therapist.
- Vic her assistant.
- Eddie, a vampire (with a problematic ex-wife, Izzy).
- Steffy, Eddie’s new girlfriend.
- Tessa, a werewolf.
- Beau, Tessa’s boyfriend, who wasn’t expecting his girlfriend to double as “Man’s best friend.”
- Mike “Deva,” a fallen Angel.
- Naomi, Mike’s Jewish girlfriend.
- J.O. 131-B (“Jo”), a time traveler.
- Lydia, Jo’s girlfriend.
- Ella, a sweet girl.
- Thomas, Ella’s boyfriend.
- Sam, Ella’s fairy godparent.
And here’s the official poster for SNCT (yes, I’m aware of the typo).
Now, if you’ve paid attention to anything I’ve posted, you probably know there’s a twist or two to this story . . . but to find out, you’ll need to come play! 😀
I hope to see you at RetCon!
*Note how I didn’t link to either of these. I only link to things I have some respect for, even if it’s just a grudging respect.