Occasionally, like all
lazy smart GMs, I re-use scenarios I’ve run before. When it comes to running things like The Dramatic Roleplaying Tournament at RetCon I have the advantage of pulling from a pool of modules that I’ve already written AND modules my friend Jeff (who originated the tournament and runs it at Running Gagg every year) has written.
In this case, it was a module featuring a pretty dysfunctional family marrying off their daughter to a prominent General. Our cast of characters:
- Kritsa, the Bride
- Angela, Krista’s promiscuous older sister
- Kristof, Krista’s brother, recently released from prison by the General
- Goren, their father
- Penelope, their mother
- Chastity, Krista’s best friend and bridesmaid
- Edward, a longtime friend of Krista’s
- The General, our groom-to-be
- Trent, Captain of the Guard, the General’s right hand man.
- Pernicia, the wedding planner
- A few other guests, who are not really pertinent to the story I will tell.